From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] That time again...
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 02:33:57
1 On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 20:12 -0400, Michael Cummings wrote:
2 > G-cpan-0.15 was put out last night; 99% bug fixes, a few easter eggs, and some
3 > tweaks. Any other cool updates in the last few weeks? (it's been 20 days since
4 > the last time I started this thread - at this rate, we might make enough input
5 > to make Chris' job on the gwn easier).
6
7 I'll use this to send out the message that I was going to send
8 anyways :)
9
10 I have just placed gentoolkit-dev-0.2.6.5 in the tree which contains an
11 echangelog that supports subversion and git (thanks to antarus and
12 genstef). It is currently package masked so that it can be fully
13 tested.
14
15 Anyhow, consider this a call for people to test. If you run into any
16 bugs please report them on bug #136048.
17
18 Secondly, the next pre-release of gentoolkit (gentoolkit-0.2.4_pre6)
19 will have two new utilities in the path (thanks to solar), genpkgindex
20 and epkginfo. genpkgindex creates metadata for binary packages and is
21 suitable for use with qmerge from portage-utils. epkginfo is a small
22 program that will display metadata information about packages in
23 portage.
24
25 Regards,
26 Paul