From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 20:22:02
1 ons 2002-01-09 klockan 15.53 skrev BoehmeSilvio:
2 > Hi,
3
4 Hi!
5
6 > i'm not sure, but is there a function
7 > which shows all packages that need updating ?
8 >
9 > I have Gentoo rc6 running and have KDE and Gnome installed.
10 > I know there many outdated kde packages on my machine.
11 > But check all packages manually is a real pain.
12
13 Currently there isn't in portage. I think a few persons have written
14 something that does this outside of portage. It'll be included in later
15 version of portage though.
16
17 For system packages you can do emerge --pretend update and emerge update
18 to update you packages.
19
20 Regards,
21 Mikael Hallendal
25 Mikael Hallendal
26 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
27 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden