From: Christopher Krull <ckrull@×××××××××.net>
To: 'Grant Goodyear' <g2boojum@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] problem with the Desktop configuration guide
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 20:13:49
1 Thanks that worked noticed on the forums about needing to reboot.
2 Figured I would suggest it. Great docs though.
3
4 Chris
5
6 -----Original Message-----
7 From: Grant Goodyear [mailto:g2boojum@g.o]
8 Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 15:01
9 To: ckrull@×××××××××.net
10 Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
11 Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] problem with the Desktop configuration guide
12
13 > All I would like to suggest that in the Desktop Config guide you all
14 have
15 > posted that in between code listings 4 and 5 that you make it clear
16 that you
17 > need to issue the reboot command otherwise you will not be able to run
18 startx.
19 > It doesnt mention that anywhere and to a person who is coming from a
20 Distro
21 > where every thing X is done for you then it is not quite clear.
22
23 I've _never_ had to reboot to run startx. It may not be in your path
24 (I should change the docs to use the full path for startx, just
25 in case), but just source /etc/profile.
26
27 -g2boojum-