From: Ken <ken69267@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Smoother moderation scheme?
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 01:44:20
1 Thomas Tuttle wrote:
2 > Questions? Comments?
3 >
4 > Thanks,
5 >
6 > Thomas Tuttle
7
8 How about no moderation at all? If you are going to go through the mess
9 of deciding what is a good post or spam, why not just go all the way and
10 set up a global blacklist.
11
12 The blacklist could be set up to say only last a week for first time
13 offenders, and maybe the second or third offenders can get a permanent
14 spot in the blacklist. Maybe only have someone globally blacklisted if 2
15 or more dev's agree that way one disgruntled dev can't just globally
16 killfile someone they don't agree with.
17
18 I just don't see why we should waste more dev's time with a moderation
19 job when they already are complaining of noise when they could be working.
20
21 I may just be a lowly Arch Tester, but I don't necessarily see why
22 individual dev's who are bothered by the noise can't just set up their
23 own killfiles and filters. It would be a lot less work than having to
24 moderate a bunch of postings everyday, assuming any of the devs ever
25 take the time to moderate any postings at all.
26
27 Just my 2 cents.
30 Kenneth Prugh - Ken69267
31 Gentoo AMD64 Arch Tester