From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] net-www/konqueror-embedded
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:54:59
1 Looks like the upstream is lagging itself:
2 last snapshot konqueror3-embedded-0.2-20031201.tar.bz2
3 and loos like it was an attempt by somebody to pick it up. Not sure whether
4 this means it is dead or still alive.
5 In any case, there is no snapshot upstream corresponding to the version in the
6 tree any longer, and somehow I doubt it has been put on mirrors. Thechnically
7 speaking this really looks like a broken package at this point...
8
9 Actually I mostly wanted to post this question: isn't it possible to achieve
10 similar effect by using DO_NOT_COMPILE var (or what is the right name)? I
11 seem to remember somebody on forums reporting running a *very* stripped
12 version of kde, like almost down to one app per package...
13
14 George
15