From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: antifa@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] More on virii
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:00:13
1 On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 03:50:54PM -0800 or thereabouts, antifa@g.o wrote:
2 > I haven't seen a response yet to the suggestions on blocking certain types of malformed virii/spam email at the MTA itself yet. So I'd like to ask again if we can please turn on some of the DNS checking features of the MTA in order to block some of the cruft we receive on these lists. At the very least, can we please block some of the worst offenders? I'm forwarding a spam header containing the ip of what is consistently the worst trafficer of spam and virii to smtp.gentoo.org.
3
4 We do some blocking of attachments. That is all we do. We have no plans
5 to implement spam filtering at the MTA level. We provide tools on
6 dev.gentoo.org (i.e. spamassassin and procmail) for devs to implement their
7 own spam filtering solution should they wish to do so.
8
9 --kurt