From: Jeff Gazso <jeff.gazso@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: net-misc/electrum-ltc
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 15:49:42
1 This one caught me by surprise.
2
3 So, it looks like the versions of net-misc/electrum (the Bitcoin client) in
4 Gentoo's repository are in pretty good shape. The version of
5 net-misc/electrum-ltc (the Litecoin client) in the Gentoo repository looks
6 like it's two years old. (For those who are unfamiliar the Litecoin client
7 is downstream of the Bitcoin client, both projects share a lot of the same
8 code.) I checked upstream and the current version of electrum-ltc appears
9 to have been bumped to Python 3.8 and it looks like the old aiorpcX
10 (#792219) issue that was causing such a headache has also been fixed as of
11 a PR this past February. See my note in #792219.
12
13 Pardon my ignorance, but couldn't this package be salvaged by repurposing
14 the net-misc/electrum ebuild code to bring the net-misc/electrum-ltc
15 package current? Is the situation more complicated than that?
16
17 ~Jeff
18