From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo-x86 and git
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 00:20:59
1 On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 7:00 PM, yac <yac@g.o> wrote:
2 > While you are it, it would be great if you could get some stats on
3 > frequency of commits. Especially with reagrd to the planned cvs -> git
4 > migration since this might cause some issues/inconvenience if the whole
5 > portage will be one git repo.
6
7 Oh, commits are plenty frequent. As of the last migrated git tree I
8 have which is almost exactly a year old there were 2.8M commits, with
9 300k in 2012. If you want the breakdown by hour (UTC I think - or
10 whatever msql does by default) it is:
11 count(`key`) HOUR(FROM_UNIXTIME(`timestamp`))
12 6259 0
13 6108 1
14 8329 2
15 11029 3
16 14102 4
17 13289 5
18 12087 6
19 13351 7
20 15224 8
21 15901 9
22 17395 10
23 19710 11
24 18912 12
25 17924 13
26 23717 14
27 18836 15
28 15666 16
29 12808 17
30 10589 18
31 6155 19
32 5197 20
33 5018 21
34 5906 22
35 6508 23
36
37 So, divide those figures by 365 and that is the daily rate in each of
38 those hour bins.
39
40 I have a mysql table of cvs commits so if there is some particular
41 query you're looking for let me know. Given a full tarball of the cvs
42 tree (rcs files) I could update it if necessary. If you wanted to
43 know the hourly rate on a typical Sat I could probably tell you.
44
45 Rich