From: Dylan Carlson <absinthe@×××××.com>
To: Marko Mikulicic <marko@××××.org>, Riyad Kalla <rsk@×××××××××.edu>
Cc: sh@×××××××××.de, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Split KDE packages?
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:50:58
1 On Tuesday 28 January 2003 09:32 am, Dylan Carlson wrote:
2 >
3 > I think the best solution is to hack the eclass to read a variable,
4 > which could be set in MAKE.CONF. Something like
5 >
6 > KDE_PACKAGES="all"
7 > or
8 > KDE_PACKAGES="kword kspread kmail kwrite" [...etc...]
11 *cough* I meant that as a short-term solution, but having just re-read it
12 I see where it is immediately flawed.
13
14 If you adjust KDE_PACKAGES to update just one package (say, for a given
15 patch), autoclean will wipe out the old stuff... and even if you don't
16 adjust anything, you still end up recompiling things that don't need
17 recompiling.
18
19 It's still better than recompiling _everything_ for those of us who don't
20 use but maybe 15% of the KDE desktop suite; however, if we can't make
21 this better, I'm not sure it's worth implementing.
22
23 Caching the configuration info (somehow) seems like a necessity to me.
24
25 Cheers,
26 Dylan Carlson [absinthe@×××××.com]
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list