From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cdrtools license issues
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 13:12:24
1 I'm the first to not like Schilling's ways, but...
2
3 On Friday 01 September 2006 14:44, Carsten Lohrke wrote:
4 > building GPL software with CDDL licensed
5 > makefiles
6 Can't see how this is pertinent, I can build BSD licensed software with
7 autoconf that is GPL, and use GCC to compile..
8
9 > as well as linking mkisofs to libscg, which he relicensed to CDDL
10 > lately.
11 This is a bit more debatable, he *can* link it, if he can change mkisofs
12 license to allow linking to non-GPL-compatible code.
13 Of that, I'm not sure tho.
16 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
17 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE