From: Jean-Michel Smith <jsmith@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, Spider <spider@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] reiserfs
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 20:00:13
1 On Tuesday 14 May 2002 07:39 pm, Spider wrote:
2 > begin quote
3 > On Tue, 14 May 2002 19:10:31 -0500
4 >
5 > Jean-Michel Smith <jsmith@××××.com> wrote:
6 > > The only filesystem I've been unable to corrupt has been XFS. (JFS
7 > > and ext3 do not count, I haven' t beaten on them the way I have ext2,
8 > > XFS, and Reiser).
9 >
10 > I have to counter this with an anekdote from the recent chiba outage...
11 > the XFS long scheluded writes made it wipe some files/changes and we had
12 > to restore from backups.... so yes, XFS can combust in circumstances.
13
14 That is very good to know! Thanks!
15
16 Do you remember how you triggered the condition?
17
18 Jean.