From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: making the stable tree more up-to-date
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 15:18:10
1 On 11/23/11 3:27 PM, Torsten Veller wrote:
2 > What do you expect to happen with bugs assigned to maintainer-needed?
3
4 I'm going to CC arches myself after a while, similarly as with bugs with
5 other maintainers who don't respond.
6
7 > I don't know if any of the packages is really good to be stabilized.
8 > Maybe they are better than the current stable version, maybe not.
9
10 1. Note that my script only considers packages with no open bugs.
11
12 2. It's good for stable to be closer to ~arch, because that's what most
13 developers use it seems. It's also quite common for the stable version
14 to contain more bugs that are fixed in a more recent version.
15
16 3. Arch testing results in... more testing, so filing of such a bug may
17 actually result in real bugs being filed against the package. I think
18 that's good.
19
20 Paweł