From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: making the stable tree more up-to-date
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 15:18:10
On 11/23/11 3:27 PM, Torsten Veller wrote:
> What do you expect to happen with bugs assigned to maintainer-needed?
I'm going to CC arches myself after a while, similarly as with bugs with other maintainers who don't respond.
> I don't know if any of the packages is really good to be stabilized. > Maybe they are better than the current stable version, maybe not.
1. Note that my script only considers packages with no open bugs. 2. It's good for stable to be closer to ~arch, because that's what most developers use it seems. It's also quite common for the stable version to contain more bugs that are fixed in a more recent version. 3. Arch testing results in... more testing, so filing of such a bug may actually result in real bugs being filed against the package. I think that's good. Paweł

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: making the stable tree more up-to-date Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>