From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Lars Wendler <polynomial-c@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The future of sys-apps/openrc in Gentoo
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 21:04:30
1 On Sunday, July 04, 2010 10:29:57 Lars Wendler wrote:
2 > now that openrc has no active upstram anymore [1] what shall we do? To be
3 > honest I was really looking forward for openrc/baselayout-2 finally
4 > becoming stable in Gentoo but this seems to be quite implausible now that
5 > openrc has no upstream anymore.
6 > If there's anyone out there who would volunteer to maintain openrc, please
7 > step up now or else I fear we must abandon openrc which would be very sad.
8
9 like i already told William a few months ago, it really doesnt matter. openrc
10 was a Gentoo project to start with and since it is all based in git, there's
11 nothing for us to do -- we already have an openrc git repo on the Gentoo git
12 server.
13
14 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/openrc.git;a=summary
15 -mike