From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] first council meeting
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 18:52:01
1 On Friday 16 September 2005 20:38, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 19:42:36 +0200 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
3 >
4 > wrote:
5 > | Ok, I do think that we will need a way for the maintainer to indicate
6 > | that the package is stable. I'd be happy to leave stabilizing out of
7 > | my hands, but I wouldn't want my packages to be stabilized before I
8 > | deem it stable.
9 >
10 > Take it out of package.mask and leave it for thirty (package-dependent)
11 > days. If there is a pressing (eg security) reason for it to go to
12 > stable sooner than would normally be expected, file a bug and Cc: the
13 > relevant arch teams.
14
15 I was thinking more like signalling that it shouldn't be stable yet, but
16 shouldn't be masked either.
17
18 Paul
21 Paul de Vrieze