From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New project: Gentoo Seeds
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 19:34:17
1 On 9/20/06, Matthew Marlowe <mattm@g.o> wrote:
2 > 3) We are where we are at today. Stuart comes up with a great idea for the
3 > seeds project which might help address the virtualization address image and
4 > it appears releng doesnt like it, so progress could be delayed by another 6
5 > months to year.
6
7 I can't claim credit for the idea; plenty of other folks have had the
8 same idea, and I'm sure plenty of our users are already doing this for
9 themselves in their own way.
10
11 Please be assured that Chris's comments today haven't discouraged me
12 (or, as best I know, any of the other contributors) from making this
13 happen.
14
15 I was hoping to avoid having to say this - actually I was hoping to
16 avoid this whole drama - but we _don't_ need releng's approval to do
17 this. To delay progress, Chris will need to make a formal complaint
18 to the Council.
19
20 I don't think Chris wants that. Everyone, please give him some credit.
21
22 Besides, I'm sure we'll delay our own progress whilst we figure out
23 how to make seeds work well ;-) I think folks are getting carried
24 away here! Let's get stuff working first, eh?
25
26 > Note that I am only bringing this issue up because I thought releng was being
27 > unfair to stuart's proposal.
28
29 I wouldn't like to assume that Chris is speaking for releng here. I
30 think it'd be fairer to assume that this is his personal opinion,
31 until something is explicitly said to the contrary.
32
33 Best regards,
34 Stu
37 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list