From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Distcc and SLP - request for testing
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 01:24:31
1 On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 14:45 -0800, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Lisa Seelye wrote:
6 > | On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 11:38 -0800, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
7 > |>Out of curiosity, why isn't this patch just being sent upstream for
8 > |>incorporation there?
9 > |
10 > |
11 > | It is, but there hasn't been much work on Distcc this year.
12 >
13 > Our policy for X is that if upstream won't accept it, we won't either.
14 > Perhaps you'd be interested in adopting that and convincing the reported
15 > to get upstream interested?
16
17 Your policy for X is somewhat questionable Donnie as it puts us in a
18 catch 22. You wont accept patches unless they came from upstream and
19 upstream wants some testing or to put it off till a later date..It's a
20 continuing heartache dealing with X when something could of been fixed
21 months ago.
24 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
25 Gentoo Linux
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list