From: Burton Samograd <kruhft@×××××××××××××.org>
To: "gentoo-dev@g.o" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problems with links browswer and permissions
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:39:07
1 I seem to have solved my own problem. It turns out that the devices
2 /dev/gpmctl and /dev/gpmdata don't have the correct permissions for
3 non-privelidged users to access them. After doing a
4
5 chown root.input /dev/gpm*
6 chmod g+rw /dev/gpmctl
7 chmod g+r /dev/gpmdata
8
9 it all seemed to work. I also changed devfsd.conf to register those
10 devices with those permissions as well. Any security people care to
11 comment on if that is the correct way i should be doing access control
12 (using the group and permissions given)?
13
14 burton