From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: "Martin, Stephen" <stephen.martin@××××××××.com>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Globecom Jukebox ebuild
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:02:37
1 On Tuesday 26 August 2003 8:35 pm, Martin, Stephen wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > I may be getting in over my head with this, but I'd like to make up an
4 > ebuild for the Globecom mp3 jukebox. My question is this: installation
5 > options don't seem to be controlled by flags, rather they are set with
6 > an interactive installation script. What is the best way to handle
7 > cases like this? Do I need to construct a replacement installation
8 > script based on USE settings or is there some other way?
11 > --
12 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
13
14 Have you tried putting the configuration answers into a text file, and then
15 running this:
16
17 cat <answers file> | <setup-script>
18
19 That often works, and has the advantage of saving a lot of effort :)
20
21 Best regards,
22 Stu
23 --
24 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
25 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
26 Beta packages for download http://dev.gentoo.org/~stuart/packages/
27 Come and meet me in March 2004 http://www.phparch.com/cruise/
28
29 GnuGP key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
30 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C
31 --