From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] app-emulation/qemu & app-emulation/qemu-kvm folding into one package
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 01:57:24
1 Hey all,
2
3 Just an announcement that app-emulation/qemu-kvm will be pkgmove'd to
4 app-emulation/qemu at some point this week. The app-emulation/qemu
5 ebuilds will effectively die and be replaced by the
6 app-emulation/qemu-kvm ebuilds. I've brought this up before and there
7 was a bunch of rabble about "keep our pristine qemu ebuilds!!!". The
8 fact of the matter is that the app-emulation/qemu just isn't getting
9 the same maintenance care that app-emulation/qemu-kvm is. I've really
10 only got the bandwidth to handle one at a time. Additionally this will
11 bring us inline with a few other distros use of qemu as they're really
12 building their binaries from qemu-kvm.
13
14 For those that want pure qemu builds, I recommend creating an overlay
15 and replacing the URL. The ebuilds will otherwise aim to be 100%
16 compatible.
19 Doug Goldstein