From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Deprecating and killing herds in metadata.xml
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 18:43:49
1 On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 23:03:51 +0200
2 Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 13:01:35 +0200
5 > Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > >>>>> On Tue, 30 Sep 2014, Jeroen Roovers wrote:
8 > >
9 > > >> The same tags shouldn't be used for different things.
10 > >
11 > > > Then we might as well extend the DTD to have a required <email>
12 > > > tag nested in each <herd> tag.
13 > >
14 > > But IIUC, the DTD must be changed also if the <herd> tag is removed?
15 > > (Unless we want to leave a dead element in there.)
16 >
17 > If people are that attached to <herd> then we should apparently fix it
18 > instead of removing it, possibly by making it closely resemble
19 > <maintainer>.
20
21 This sub proposal is a solution to most of the proposal disagreements.
22
23 +1