From: Anthony Gorecki <agorecki@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Language styling translation tools
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 00:06:37
1 I frequently work with C# applications, and rather than remaining perpetually
2 irritated by innate class and method (et al.) naming style of the .NET
3 framework, I'd like to either find or write a script to rewrite the class and
4 method names automatically. Ideally, such a script would run after a
5 repository checkout to rewrite the names, and then again before a commit to
6 put them back to the way that they were previously.
7
8 This can't be a simple search and replace, as my own code would be in the
9 C-naming format, while the .NET routines would need to be in the condensed
10 format; therefore, based upon the libraries that are included by a given
11 piece of source code, the script would need to determine which portions of
12 the code belong to those libraries, and which do not.
13
14 Before I start coding, is anyone familiar with an application that performs
15 this function, or could be adapted to do so?
19 Anthony Gorecki
20 Ectro-Linux Foundation