From: Alex Xu <alex_y_xu@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New developer features in portage: cgroup, network-sandbox, ipc-sandbox
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 15:49:46
1 On 20/08/13 11:42 AM, Ian Stakenvicius wrote:
2 > It's a feature; all features are optional. It's just not going to be
3 > able to be enabled along with FEATURES="distcc" is all. I'm sure we
4 > have other features that collide with one-another too, so i don't see
5 > this being a big issue.
6
7 FEATURES="nostrip splitdebug" neither makes sense nor works.
8
9 > ... similarly, though, i wonder if this would cause issues with i.e.
10 > diskless systems or others, that use nfs-mounts for /var/tmp/portage ..?
11
12 I imagine that that should work fine, since the NFS client is
13 implemented (usually) in the kernel.
14
15 FUSE mounts *might* be an issue, but I think they should be fine too
16 because the handling process is outside of the sandbox.