From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] \" fixes
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:17:44
1 Hi!
2
3 I think it would be good if someone (Aron?) could post a short version
4 of Aron's mail (which by the way was well written and interesting
5 reading, thanks) to describe when to use which for those that hasn't
6 read it (it was also long :). One without the technical internals of
7 the commands. Just a quick description and an example of each.
8
9 Regards,
10 Mikael Hallendal
11
12 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o> writes:
13
14 > Hi All,
15 >
16 > I just all the ebuilds on CVS that needed \" fixes due to an upgrade
17 > of the "try" command (about 50). This means that everyone should
18 > rsync/cvs update and remerge Portage, even if you've done so in the
19 > past few days. This means that developers can now type:
20 >
21 > try make COPT="$CFLAGS"
22 >
23 > rather than the old way:
24 >
25 > try make COPT=\"$CFLAGS\"
26 >
27 > Also, Aron Griffis' "die" and "assert" commands are now part of the
28 > Portage currently on CVS, and developers should start transitioning to
29 > these new commands as they're much better than "try".
30 >
31 > Best Regards,
32 >
33 > --