From: Torsten Veller <tove@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] metadata revised - removal of packages
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 10:00:01
1 1)
2 While removing maintainers from metadata i realised (not for the first
3 time) that i don't understand metadata :/
4
5 I thought it might be a good idea to add a new herd (maintainer-needed)
6 for packages where the maintainer has left. I think it will make it
7 easier for bugwranglers to assign bugs
8 transparent that the maintainance situation has changed
9 trackable
10
11 To me maintainer-needed is always a first step before a package gets
12 masked and removed from the tree.
13
14 Well, i was told that adding the maintainer-needed herd is not a good
15 idea and it is best to remove metadata.xml if no valuable information
16 remains.
17
18 I couldn't find information on that. Can somebody explain?
22 2)
23 What is the next step after the last maintainer is removed from metadata.xml?
24 Well i announced these packages on -dev. Now i can wait some time (how
25 long?) and then?
26 --
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list