From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: Per Wigren <wigren@××××.se>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ACCEPT_KEYWORDS +
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 16:16:05
On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 10:22:26AM +0100, Per Wigren wrote:
> Hi! > > I'm a Gentoo user since about 2 years... I just installed 1.4rc3 on another > computer and noticed this bug (?).. > > During the installation I set ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" in /etc/make.conf, but > when running it gets ignored.. So when running "emerge system" > afterwards it has to rebuild both gcc and glibc AGAIN, which took about 10 > extra hours for those two packages alone on the old P2/266 i was installing > on... Quite annoying... I hope this gets fixed before 1.4final ;) > > Regards, > Per Wigren > > -- > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
This is not a bug, this is a feature. :-) In all seriousness, uses very specific settings for package versions. These are hardcoded in /usr/portage/profiles/<your profile version>/packages. You can change these manually before running bootstrap if you want. make.conf isn't used for bootstrap (it's actually moved to during bootstrap and moved back afterwards). This is done for stability reasons - the versions used are known-good versions. -- Jon Portnoy -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] ACCEPT_KEYWORDS + Felipe Ghellar <fghellar2@×××××××××.br>