From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo on Discord
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 17:17:43
1 On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 4:34 PM Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > In this article on chat services used for OSS:
4 >
5 > https://catfox.life/2019/04/28/keeping-libre-software-accessible-to-all/
6 >
7 > I was surprised to see a mention of Gentoo as a project that uses "Discord
8 > as an official method of communication". When I searched, I indeed found
9 > https://discordapp.com/invite/gentoo. However, I'd never before heard we
10 > were using Discord (and didn't find any mentions of Discord on the -dev or
11 > -project mailing lists).
12 >
13 > Is this indeed an official venue? It's not listed on
14 > https://gentoo.org/support/ (which does mention IRC).
17 I'm trying to understand why it matters. Lets assume we decide it is, or is
18 not. What would you expect the project to do differently?
19
20 I feel like the whole thread is trying to debate something that doesn't
21 really matter, so I'm trying to grasp why we are having this conversation.
22
23 -A
27 > Regards,
28 >