From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, ferringb@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP: gentoo sync based unified deps proposal
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 11:39:43
1 On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:48:00 +0200
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 > On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 16:28:59 -0700
4 > Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > pkg1 rdepends <-> pkg2 rdepends; this is a contained cycle, and is
6 > > mergable.
7 >
8 > Do you have maybe a quick tool which could find those cycles
9 > in the tree for us?
10
11 I have a sneaking suspicion that any tool that could do that wouldn't
12 be quick...
13
14 Having said that, if you're after a rough idea of what we're dealing
15 with, everything in orange deps (either directly or indirectly) upon
16 everything else in orange:
17
18 http://dev.exherbo.org/~ciaranm/resolution-fdp.png
19
20 (That's a small part of Gentoo, from a while back, with X not enabled.
21 It's far worse if X is on too.)
24 Ciaran McCreesh