From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: So now that we have --quiet-build as default, can we talk about a forced LC_ALL=C again?
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 06:52:45
1 On Sun, 4 Dec 2011 00:51:17 -0600
2 Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > How many times have you needed to request build logs in english since
5 > the last time you brought this up? How many times have you had to
6 > request emerge --info or build logs in general?
7
8 Many dozens of times, and a magnitude more dozens of times,
9 respectively, which also indicates quite clearly that this:
10
11 > I think adding a note to bugzilla reminding reporters that logs need
12 > to be in english would be a better solution
13
14 isn't going to work, and that this:
15
16 > than forcing it on everyone.
17
18 is what we're effectively already doing, only that we require human
19 intervention and a lot of time and effort to establish that.
22 jer