From: Andrej Kacian <ticho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 09:08:32
1 Dňa Sat, 3 Mar 2007 20:46:35 -0700
2 "Daniel Robbins" <drobbins.daniel@×××××.com> napísal:
3
4 > On 3/3/07, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org> wrote:
5 > > Why is it a developer-only privilege? You just made that up.
6 >
7 > To co-lead a Gentoo project? You need to be a dev to do that. I
8 > couldn't join any projects even as a member until I became a dev, and
9 > I created the distro. You are effectively co-leading (likely leading)
10 > PMS as a non-dev - worse than that, as someone who has been explicitly
11 > removed from a dev role.
12
13 Daniel, could you please stop that? You're being ridiculous and just
14 wasting everyone's time with this. The guy wants to do some work on
15 PMS, let him do it - in my opinion he's one of the most qualified
16 people to do it.
17
18 Why does it matter whether or not he has write access to the portage
19 tree CVS module (work on PMS doesn't require any commits there anyway) ?
20
21 Don't start again about the dubious "official status of Gentoo
22 developership" - since when is volunteer work about political (yes,
23 political) status?
24
25 Just. Drop. It.
26
27 Regards,
28 --
29 Andrej Kacian <ticho at gentoo org>
30 Gentoo Linux developer - net-mail, antivirus, sound, x86