From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Release Engineering Status Update
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:22:10
2 current Release Engineering status.
3
4 Release Engineering is well into doing QA and testing for 2005.1 on x86,
5 amd64, ppc, ppc64, ia64, and alpha. We are currently testing a new
6 version of livecd-tools, catalyst, and genkernel, all of which are
7 masked in the tree. We have been on a massive bug-squashing session to
8 try to solve any problems before we start building the final release.
9
10 Once we work out the few blocking issues we are reaching now, such as
11 the perl->ssl issue Robin was talking about, then we will build a "beta"
12 release for 2005.1, which we will start selecting groups of users,
13 mostly people who filed bugs against 2005.0, to help us with testing,
14 specifically on platforms or hardware which we do not possess ourselves.
17 Chris Gianelloni
19 Games - Developer
20 Gentoo Linux