From: "W. Trevor King" <wking@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: udev-rules.eclass
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 19:58:48
1 On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 02:11:42PM -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > For packages that install udev rules in ${FILESDIR}, we need an eclass
3 > that tests the version of udev installed on the user's system and
4 > installs the udev rules in the proper place. I'm not sure how many
5 > packages do this, so if it is a very small number of packages, it may
6 > not be worth the eclass.
7
8 I do this in sci-misc/comedi-headers (wtk overlay). Actually, I had
9 just been installing the rules into /etc/udev/rules.d, because I
10 hadn't read the docs thoroughly enough. +1 for an eclass to handle
11 this for me ;).
14 This email may be signed or encrypted with GnuPG (http://www.gnupg.org).
15 For more information, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Good_Privacy