From: Tommy McDaniel <tommstein1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Can't download ix86.iso
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 12:41:23
1 Well, I guessed that the problem was something that
2 affected me either exclusively or almost so, but I
3 didn't know what the problem was (still don't,
4 actually). The only other similar things are when I
5 try to download MPEGs of Steve Ballmer doing his
6 monkey dance and developer rants and such, and when I
7 try to use SuSE's YaST Online Update to download
8 updates from either their servers or their mirrors.
9 Crap, of all the things that could decide not to work,
10 this had to be one. I had a previous ISP where it felt
11 like half the Internet was off-limits, but this one
12 doesn't seem to have that problem, at least to the
13 degree that other one did. I guess all I can do is
14 write my ISP and ask them what's going on. I'm using a
15 plain old modem, by the way. Thanks for the help
16 though. By the way, did I mention that I can in fact
17 download all (or at least most, I don't remember
18 exactly) of the other files from the same place at
19 ibiblio? It's just the one that I always want that
20 seems to be the screwup, now and even before 1.0 was
21 released the other day, on any mirror I've tried. Oh
22 well, what can I say.
23
24 Tommy McDaniel
25
27 Do You Yahoo!?
28 Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax
29 http://taxes.yahoo.com/