From: Angelo Arrifano <miknix@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] no more time for SynCE
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 17:21:01
1 On Seg, 2011-04-11 at 17:33 +0300, Samuli Suominen wrote:
2 > On 04/11/2011 03:01 AM, Iain Buchanan wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > Since I posted about looking for help[1] I'm sad to say I've barely
6 > > touched SynCE. Family commitments have changed, and I'm studying again
7 > > for the degree I started 10 years ago!
8 > >
9 > > I'm therefore asking to be removed as the proxy for Synce. Hopefully
10 > > this means it won't die in Gentoo :)
11 > >
12 > > Massive thanks to everyone who helped with my bad ebuild programming and
13 > > testing along the way - volker, mescalinum, ssuominen, the SynCE team
14 > > and everyone else.
15 > >
16 > > The original testing overlay remains here[2] for anyone who wants to
17 > > take it over, just contact the SynCE dev team.
18 > >
19 > > If there are any questions please cc me directly as I may not be on the
20 > > -dev list much more.
21 > >
22 > > [1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/69230
23 > > [2] https://synce.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/synce/dist/gentoo
24 > >
25 > > many thanks!
26 >
27 > np
28 >
29 > We should have all of SynCE in Portage again, except for the GNOME bits
30 > like synce-trayicon (hardcoded depend on sys-apps/hal) and the KDE bits
31 > (haven't even looked).
32 >
33 > Just by pulling synce-sync-engine as well as synce-connector the deps
34 > should get pulled in -> No need for a meta package.
35 >
36 > The overlay was, when I last checked entirely uncompatible with the
37 > packages in tree as well as has confusing amount of deprecated ebuilds.
38 > I would love if someone could wipe it clean so people stop accidentally
39 > shooting themself in the foot with it.
40 >
41 > I'll add the synce-trayicon to tree soon as upstream produces a HAL-free
42 > version of it...
43 >
44 > And it's up the KDE team to add the KDE bits if they want.
47 Hello,
48
49 I want to help in sanitizing the overlay and bring the ebuilds into
50 portage. We can see that next weekend if you have the time.
51
52 Regards,
53 --
54 Angelo Arrifano (miknix)