From: "Miroslav Šulc (fordfrog)" <fordfrog@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>, qa@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in dev-util/netbeans: ChangeLog netbeans-6.9-r3.ebuild
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 12:33:12
Dne 22.7.2010 10:44, Peter Volkov napsal(a):
> В Срд, 21/07/2010 в 17:18 +0200, "Miroslav Šulc (fordfrog)" пишет: > >>> epatch_user() from euitls.eclass >> so this is undocumented feature? i did not know about this cool >> feature till now. > It's undocumented since it's better to avoid this feature in ebuilds > because this hack makes impossible to know what patches user have and > why package fails the way it fails. So better drop this code. If user > wants some useful patch {s}he should open the bug or use overlay.
well, problem is that some patches simply cannot make it to offficial sources nor our ebuilds. i have patch for netbeans that automatically adds custom javadocs to getters and setters, final keywords to method arguments etc. this really improves my efficiency when coding in netbeans as it saves me a lot of keystrokes, but the scope of usability of the patches is really small as i do not have time nor knowledge to make this configurable through netbeans options and thus appliable at the ebuild level or at the upstream source level. so from my point of view epatch_user is a must unless i want to each time interfere emerge of netbeans which i definitely do not want to.