From: Alan <alan@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] is gnome2.2 in stable or not?
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 19:55:05
1 Just wondering if gnome 2.2 is supposed to be in stable or not? I
2 notice that the main gnome package is updated to 2.2 (on x86) but many
3 of the dependancies (gst-plugins, gstreamer, etc) are still tagged as
4 ~x86, and are giving me errors like the following when I try an update
5 world:
6
7 phoenix alan # emerge world -up
8
9 These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
10
11 Calculating world dependencies \
12 !!! all ebuilds that could satisfy ">=media-libs/gst-plugins-0.6.0-r1"
13 have been masked.
14 !!! (dependency required by "gnome-base/gnome-2.2-r1" [ebuild])
15 phoenix alan #
16
17 Is this something that should be bugged, an oversight, or am I coming in
18 the middle of the transition and should wait a bit before trying?
19
20 Another possibility is that my portage tree is messed up somehow, but
21 several emerge syncs give me the same result.
22
23 TIA
24
25 Alan
28 Alan <alan@×××××.org> - http://arcterex.net
30 "The only thing that experience teaches us is that experience teaches
31 us nothing. -- Andre Maurois (Emile Herzog)
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list