From: "Sven Köhler" <skoehler@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: who renamed adsl-start to pppoe-start and why
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 23:18:08
1 >> I don't when the init.d-script disappeared from the ebuilds, but well: i
2 >> still used it and didn't know about the baselayout-support for pppoe.
3 >
4 > May I suggest reading the fine handbook?
5 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=4&chap=3#doc_chap4
6
7 RTFM - that's always a good hint - but how often and when do i have to
8 RTFM? and if i read it today and already read it yesterday, then what
9 changed since yesterday?
10
11 Somehow i always get to know the changes, but it's hard to follow!
12 That's all i'm saying - and in addition, there is the old "messages
13 printed by the ebuilds scroll by and are read by almost nobody"-thing
14 that was partly improved by some tools that record those messages (which
15 IMHO is not satisfying, because i'd like to see some special mechanism
16 so that the writer of the ebuild can notify root of some tasks that have
17 to be performed)
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list