From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Improve the security of the default profile
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 23:12:09
1 On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 7:08 PM, Rick "Zero_Chaos" Farina
2 <zerochaos@g.o> wrote:
3 > Personally I'm using the hardened profile already and find the
4 > performance penalties negligible for a desktop user, and someone trying
5 > to run realtime on defaults is likely suicidal anyway.
6
7 I suspect what keeps people away from hardened isn't the performance,
8 but the risk of compatibility issues. Most operations these days
9 aren't CPU-bound, but getting something like RBAC to work right is
10 fairly involved...
11
12 Rich