From: Karsten Schulz <kaschu@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP #14: security updates based on GLSA
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 12:17:10
1 Am Freitag, 22. August 2003 22:18 schrieb Paul de Vrieze:
2 > Maybe a bug classification could be used like:
3 > (local exploit, remote exploit, denial of service, local denial of
4 > service)
5
6 yes, that would be fine.
7
8 > If you want to make sure a point is not missed by the security team,
9 > post a bug on bugs.gentoo.org and make sure you make clear it is a
10 > security bug.
11
12 Of course I know, that it is to me to support the Gentoo Linux Security
13 Team by providing information in form of posted bugs.
14
15 But that was not my point. I try to make it clearer, please let me give
16 you an example:
17 The unzip-5.50-r2.ebuild fixes a well known security bug as everybody
18 can read in $PORTDIR/app-arch/unzip/ChangeLog. I would like to have had
19 a GLSA about that fact, so that I must not examine the related
20 ChangeLogs by hand. Just the information about that, not more.
21 (As far as I remember, there was no GLSA in Gentoo-announce, nor in
22 Gentoo-security). I feel we have more fixes, than there are announced.
23
24 As I understand GLSA, they are 'announcements' and a new ebuild, which
25 fixes a bug should be announced in every case.
26
27 Karsten
28
29 (If I missed this special GLSA about the unzip flaw, please give me the
30 URI to the corresponding GLSA, I can't find it in my mail archive, nor
31 in the forums, thank you)
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list