From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Qt3 mask breaks significant science packages
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 11:54:21
On Friday 12 March 2010 15:18:21 Robert Bradbury wrote:
> It would appear that the pending (0321) mask of Qt3 will break > sci-misc/qcad, sci-chemistry/xdrawchem and x11-misc/glunarclock. >
> > Thank you, > Robert Bradbury
The decision about removing Qt3 has been made 9 months ago, the decision about the upcoming mask has been made 4 months ago. So you had all the time to move to Qt4. We aint gonna maintain a package ( or library if you prefer ) that has been abandoned from upstream a long time ago. So if you still want to use it, please add kde-sunset overlay. We dont have neither the manpower nor the time to patch/fix/maintainer/etc/etc/ Qt3 anymore. However, we DO offer you like 6 different versions of Qt4 *4.5.3 *4.6.1 *4.6.2 *4.6.9999 *4.7.9999 *4.7-prerelease ( soon ) *4.9999 Which we actively maintain. We decided to move forward and we are aware that few of our users might not like it. If you still want a working Qt3, please take care of it on kde-sunset Thanks -- Markos Chandras (hwoarang) Gentoo Linux Developer Web: