From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo on Discord
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 17:18:32
1 On Mon, 2019-04-29 at 22:34 +0200, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
2 > In this article on chat services used for OSS:
3 >
4 > https://catfox.life/2019/04/28/keeping-libre-software-accessible-to-all/
5 >
6 > I was surprised to see a mention of Gentoo as a project that uses "Discord
7 > as an official method of communication". When I searched, I indeed found
8 > https://discordapp.com/invite/gentoo. However, I'd never before heard we
9 > were using Discord (and didn't find any mentions of Discord on the -dev or
10 > -project mailing lists).
11 >
12 > Is this indeed an official venue? It's not listed on
13 > https://gentoo.org/support/ (which does mention IRC).
16 I've contacted the author and the author refused to change it.
17 The claim is that 'PR team runs it', '8 Gentoo developers have admin
18 rights', 'i.e. it is sanctioned by the project itself'. I was suggested
19 that if it's not official, we should close it instead.
22 Best regards,
23 Michał Górny