From: Piotr Karbowski <slashbeast@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Disturbing state of arch testing in Gentoo
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2022 10:37:46
1 Hi,
2
3 On 06/11/2022 09.15, Michał Górny wrote:
4 > On top of that, it seems that most of it still relies on proprietary
5 > software and we have no clue how*exactly* it works, and it's really,
6 > really hard to get a straight answer.
7
8 I never understood how it become socially acceptable in open source
9 project that Gentoo is that one of the important automation that does
10 tinderboxing is closed source and gate kept, meaning no one can on their
11 own reproduce the failures, which is utterly annoying when your normal
12 testing just works, yet their testing methodology is a secret.
13
14 I would be in favour of stepping up the social contract and actually
15 prohibiting this kind of things, we had that before too, the nattka you
16 mgorny wrote is replacement for old bugzilla bot that was ...
17 closedsource and perished, though nattka now have way more features than
18 the old thing ever had.
19
20 -- Piotr.