From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] proposal for consistency between {RUBY,PYTHON,PHP}_TARGETS
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 19:30:12
1 On 24/11/2012 11:20, Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > This discussion is not about how wise the RUBY_TARGETS syntax is for
3 > ruby, it is about if it would be possible to find and use a common
4 > syntax for all languages, to make a more consistent Gentoo interface.
5
6 Pffft...
7
8 >> We're not going to change it just because.
9 >
10 > Sorry, what do you mean by "just because" ?
11 >
12 > I guess that you agree that being consistent and coherent helps
13 > acceptance, and that increasing Gentoo acceptance is desirable?
14
15 No. Being consistently stupid is not a good reason to be consistent.
16
17 And since as I said the RUBY_TARGETS interface is designed to be _usable
18 by Ruby developers_, being consistent and breaking that, is not
19 something I would care about.
22 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
23 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/