From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Temporary DevRel actions for CoC violations
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 20:11:25
1 On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 03:43:41PM -0400, Alexandre Rostovtsev wrote:
2 > Gentoo developers have been resigning from the project because they got burned out by dealing with ad-hominems, insults, and flames. I do not see CoC enforcement as some sort of plot to enforce groupthink or silence debate, but as an attempt to fix the real problem of burnout and talent drain.
3
4 Agreed. This has nothing to do with chilling good technical debate.
5 People are leaving the project because they are getting tired of the
6 flaming, personal attacks, etc, and I am fully behind devrel doing
7 something about that. imo it should have been done a long time ago.
8
9 William