From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Git, GPG Signing, and Manifests
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 12:50:53
1 On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 8:36 AM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 12:42 AM, Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I don't know tbh, most are already signed, with the git migration, the
5 >> strongly recommended commit signing will become MANDATORY.
6 >>
7 >> So, we are at 50 devs with valid gpg keys now, with 200 more gpg keys
8 >> listed in LDAP that fail to meet the new spec. PLEASE fix them or
9 >> create new keys...
10 >
11 > How does somebody know whether their key meets the spec or not? I
12 > looked at the gentoo-keys website and didn't see any simple way to
13 > check.
14 >
15 > There was documentation on the gkeys utility for checking keys, but I
16 > ran into a few issues with this.
19 After waking up a bit more I configured a utf8 locale in my "clean
20 stage3" and the errors went away, and I was able to verify that my key
21 passed, with no encryption subkey (I don't intend to use this key for
22 anything but gentoo main repository signing).
23
24 Even so, it might not hurt to have a one-line way to check an
25 arbitrary gpg key for conformity by ID. Otherwise we invite trial and
26 error with devs uploading what they hope are compliant keys, fixing
27 LDAP, waiting for seeds to be repopulated, then checking them.
30 Rich