From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] Creation of 'virtual/vi' to satisfy builds
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 22:33:45
1 begin quote
2 On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:58:56 -0600
3 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o> wrote:
4
5 > On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 01:00:16PM -0400, Brad Laue wrote:
6 > > Hi all,
7 > >
8 > > I'm running into builds requiring the 'ex' binary, which is provided
9 > > by several vi clones.
10 > >
11 > > I'd like to suggest the creation of 'virtual/vi' to satisfy this
12 > > problem. Are there any comments/objections?
13 >
14 > Should we have a virtual/vi and a virtual/ex? Or should we require
15 > that anything providing virtual/vi includes an ex?
16
17 Anything that provides vi should out of compability reasons also provide
18 ex.
19
20 Now, why isnt this discussion on -dev?
21 //Spider
22
23 (not removing quotes due to crossposting)
27 begin .signature
28 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
30 end