From: Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: QA bikeshed: killing USE=dedicated in favor of uniform USE=client+server
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 21:19:30
1 Alexander Berntsen <bernalex@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > - -1. The way "dedicated" is used in games ebuilds is a very established
4 > term that all gamers know and expect to behave in a specific way.
5 > This will mess with our users.
6
7 How do you know what the users know and expect?
8 When installing a game, I was regularly surprised by the meaning
9 of this USE-flag and had to read its description several times
10 to be sure that I understand what is going on.
11 Remember that not only permanent gamers install games occassionally.