From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Things one could be upset about
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 13:10:44
1 On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 2:03 PM, Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
2 > Most issues are transient, often fixed with either a keywording bug, or careful
3 > masking of useflags / pruning of old versions. Per-maintainer doesn't really
4 > make sense as most issues are indirect - things like "removing package.mask
5 > entry for new version causes dependency breakage on ia64 to become visible",
6 > or "dependency of dependency changed". In both cases it's often hard enough to
7 > figure out what caused the issue.
8
9 I think louder in the sense of a weekly -dev email could still makes
10 sense. #-bugs and #-qa are way too noisy for me.
11
12 Cheers,
13
14 Dirkjan