From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reminder on dependencies.
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:52:32
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > See, if libfoo-1.0's headers don't need (say) boost, but libfoo-1.1's
3 > headers do, with what you're proposing you'd have to go through and
4 > update the dependencies of every single package using libfoo.
5
6 That's true, and it's why I brought up the cascading DEPEND bit in the
7 original e-mail.
8
9 If we decide that a new dependency atom is what we need, I'd rather have
10 the temporary solution be one that people have some motivation to
11 change. Otherwise it won't be temporary, it'll just sit there and rot
12 forever.
13
14 Thanks,
15 Donnie