From: Jim Ramsay <lack@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New eclass: gkrellm-plugin
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 17:22:11
1 I'm tired of maintaining essentially the same code in 20-odd ebuilds,
2 so I am wanting to condense the common bits into a single eclass.
3
4 Most of you probably don't care, but it may be of interest to those few
5 who maintain gkrellm plugin ebuilds.
6
7 I have attached my first draft of the eclass. As you can see, there
8 are 3 main important benefits to using this eclass:
9
10 1 - Sets up the basic dependencies shared by all gkrellm plugins
11
12 2 - New pkg_setup check to ensure gkrellm was built with USE="X" (see
13 bug 167227 for more info on why this is necessary for 99.9% of plugins)
14
15 3 - The plugin install location is now centralized, and available via
16 the gkrellm-plugin_dir function, instead of each ebuild hard-coding
17 '/usr/$(get_libdir)/gkrellm2/plugins'
18
19 As an added benefit, the most common variant of src_install was
20 centralized here too.
21
22 If there are no major objections, I will add this eclass shortly, at
23 which point anyone is free (and encouraged!) to use it for their gkrellm
24 plugin ebuilds. I will begin converting all my ebuilds shortly
25 thereafter.
28 Jim Ramsay
29 Gentoo/Linux Developer (rox,gkrellm)

gkrellm-plugin.eclass text/plain