From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Call for volunteers - GLEP Team
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 13:38:48
1 The Gentoo Council would like to put out a call for volunteers to join
2 the GLEP team. Right now the alias has only a single member.
3
4 I do not see anything in GLEP 1 that requires GLEP team members to be
5 Gentoo developers, so interested community members are welcome to
6 apply.
7
8 The GLEP team works with GLEP authors to refine GLEPs and provide
9 critical review. This is predominantly a technical responsibility,
10 but with good documentation skills being important as well. Currently
11 there isn't a large volume of work, but new GLEPs are proposed from
12 time-to-time. If we had a robust GLEP process it might help address
13 some of the general complaints about the lack of clear policy
14 documentation in Gentoo (at least, in some areas).
15
16 If you're an interested developer, join the alias. If you're an
17 interested community member, feel free to reach out to me for now and
18 I'll help you to get plugged in.
19
20 GLEPs are also circulated on the lists, so anyone can feel free to
21 casually contribute.
22
23 Rich